*Please note - Photo is of the Rosewood dreadnaught kit, all our steel string kits are of equal quality.
Especially designed for first time guitar builders, this high quality, great value acoustic guitar kit makes constructing a high-quality first instrument easy. The biggest advantage of using one of these kits is that you can avoid buying many of the expensive specialist tools required to construct a first guitar from scratch. This allows the builder to concentrate on the hands-on tasks, with a minimum of tools.
All components are of the highest quality and made in the U.S.A. The components are specified below:-
- Full detailed plan, template and instructional booklet.
- AAA-grade solid traditional sitka spruce top that has been joined, thicknessed and routed for the pre-made rosette.
- AAA-grade joined and thicknessed Brazilian Mahogany back.
- Pre-bent solid AAA-grade Brazilian Mahogany sides, ready to go.
- Brazilian mahogany neck that has been carved to shape with a deluxe traditional 'diamond' at the head/neck intersection.
- The neck and neck block are already cut for a mortise joint and easy to reset, contemporary bolt-on neck. Once the fret board is glued on only minor, skill developing shaping is necessary. Headstocks is in the traditional slotted type.
- The neck has been pre-slotted for the 2-way easy to install and versatile truss rod.
- AAA-grade Indian Rosewood headstock veneer.
- A headstock design and pearl/abalone inlay can be included on the head for that personal touch. (See our inlay material and tools for more information.)
- End block, kerfing and pre-shaped top and back bracing is ready to go.
- The Indian Rosewood fingerboard is slotted to a 25.34" scale and radiused.
- Finished, slotted and drilled Indian Rosewood bridge. Plastic bridge pins (and end pin) included.
- Plastic bindings and purflings.
- All other components including fretwire, bone nut and saddle.
The only materials that are not included are glue, finish, tape, sandpaper and other consumables. The Machine heads are also not included so that they can be bought seperately, to suit the builder's taste and budget.
This kit allows anyone who wants to build their first guitar the main specialist components so minimum tools are needed to make a high quality instrument. This kit is also very instructional as all the advanced work can be viewed and studied for a possible next instrument.
Essentially the perfect solution for someone who wants to build a first acoustic guitar and not have to buy all the specialised tools and build three or four instruments to get a great result. This kit is a short cut for the budding luthiers 'learning curve'.