Transparent acrylic templates to rout a control cavity and matching recess for a flush-mounting cover plate
- Set of 2
- Thickness: 3/8" (9.53mm)
- Outer dimension: 149.2mm x 98.4
- Clear acrylic
- Laser-cut for smooth edged precision
- Countersunk holes for anchoring the template with flathead screws
- Cavity cutout*: 3" x 6-1/2" (76.1mm x 165.1mm)
- Cover plate cutout*: 3-5/8" x 7-3/4" (92.0mm x 196.8mm)
*At widest points, approximately.
These 3/8" (9.5mm) transparent acrylic templates can be positioned with countersunk screws or double-stick tape.
Our Ball-bearing Router Bits are preferred for use with these templates. Align the template's centrelines with those you drew on your guitar. All you need is Double-stick Tape to keep the template in place. Optional: use flat head screws dropped into the counter-sunk holesthe router glides right over them.
Lower your Ball-bearing Router Bit into the wood and make several shallow passes until the bearing rides smoothly along the template edge. When the bearing can ride against the cavity wall, remove the template so you can rout to the recommended depth engraved on your template.