Fret Slotting Miter Box & Fret Slotting Saw Set
- Includes our high-quality Fret Slotting Saw
- Smooth ball-bearing guides
- Made from sturdy aluminium
- Extremely accurate
- Fits our Fret Slotting Saw
- Adjusts to perfectly fit saw blade
- Accurate depth adjustment
- Accommodates fingerboards up to 1/2" (12mm) thick & 3" (76mm) wide
- 12" (305mm) long
- Pre-drilled for mounting to workbench
- Attachment screws & Allen keys included
Our Fret Slotting Miter Box allows you to accurately cut fret slots with a fret slotting handsaw. The ball-bearing guides make sawing easier and faster as they hold the fret saw perpendicular to the fingerboard. The guides can be adjusted to match the blade precisely. You can quickly slot any board up to 3" (76mm) wide.
The depth of the cut is adjustable and can be matched to any fretwire. The design of the mitre box allows you to easily see the fingerboard as you are slotting it and line up the saw where it needs to cut.
Made of rugged aluminium the miter box has convenient mounting holes for firm attachment to your workbench, the mounting screws and Allen key adjusters are included.
Note: The mitre box will not work for traditional Fender style one-piece necks or one-piece cigar box guitar necks as they are too thick. It only accommodates pieces up to 12mm (1/2") thick.
The position of the fret slots can be measured out and accurately marked with a pencil for slotting. Alternately the box has a locator pin installed which can be used with fret slotting templates, either readymade or custom made.