Understring Radius Gauge Set - Extra wide
- Set of 9
- Extra long profile for wide guitar & bass fingerboards
- Works with both wide & narrow fingerboards
- Thicker steel & thinner profile than our standard set
- Easy to measure radius under string
- Radii 7.25" 9.5" 10" 12" 14" 15" 16" 17" 20"
- Radiused on top and bottom edges
- 95mm (3-3/4") long radiused surface
- 1.35mm thick Stainless Steel
- High-quality & accurate
This extra-wide version of our radius gauge set is suitable for checking wider fingerboards and string spacings than our regular set. It also works perfectly well for narrow fingerboards. It is ideal for working on guitars with wide fingerboards, 7-string guitars, 5 7 6 string basses.
Each gauge cut from thicker steel than our standard set allowing for the profile to be made thinner. This makes it easier to fit the gauge between the strings and fingerboard. The finish of the gauges is also better than that of the standard set.
These gauges are one of the most useful tools available for guitar setup and fret work.
Each gauge has a precise radius machined into the top and bottom edges. The bottom edge can be used to check the radius of a fingerboard, nut or saddle. The top edge is placed under the strings to set the strings to the correct radius at the bridge.