Tusq unshaped, unslotted nut blank - Graph Tech part # PQ-4025-00
Can be custom shaped and slotted for any guitar or bass
Width - 2 1/2" (63.5mm)
Height - 7/16 (11.1mm)
Thickness - 1/4" (6.4mm)
- Similar tonal properties to bone or ivory
- Engineered for maximum vibration transfer
- Very high quality manufacturing to tight tolerances
- Consistent quality from piece to piece and within each piece
- Easy to work with - can be filed and sanded, will not chip or flake
- Used by many of the world's leading guitar manufacturers
TUSQ is a synthetic material specially engineered for use in guitar nuts and saddles. Unlike plastics it has very good tonal qualities which many luthiers and guitarists say are superior to bone or ivory
TUSQ nuts and saddles are manufactured to extremely high standards making them ideal for both new instruments and replacements on old instruments.
In most cases they can be fitted with no extra slotting for the strings and little or no other modification making TUSQ a more convenient and economical alternative to a custom bone nut or saddle.