For those budding classical guitar builders this great value nylon string kit makes constructing your first guitar a breeze. The biggest advantage of using one of these kits is you can avoid buying many of the expensive specialist tools required to construct a guitar from scratch. Processes including bending the sides, inlaying the rosette, thicknessing the top and back and slotting the fingerboard are already complete allowing the builder to concentrate on the hands-on tasks. The following components are included -
- A-grade solid German spruce top that has been joined and inlayed with a tasteful timber rosette.
- A-grade solid German maple back that has been joined.
-Pre bent solid A-grade German maple sides with linings, end block and dovetailed neck block glued in place. (Ready to accept neck as per instructions)
- Light European Maple neck that has been carved to shape and dovetailed, the headstock has been slotted and holes drilled for tuners, requires minimal finish shaping in the heel and top of headstock to your choice of shape.
- Indian rosewood fret board that has been fretted.
- Indian rosewood carved classical bridge.
- German spruce bracing wood to complete the bracing of the top and back.
- Top bindings. (Fibroid) - See note below.
- Slotted plastic nut and saddle.
- Chrome machine heads.
- Set of nylon strings.
- Instructional booklet and plan - Please note, Instructions are very basic, we recommend purchasing a book as a supplementary source of information on guitar building techniques.
For a nicer instrument we suggest upgrading the fibroid top bindings to solid Indian rosewood bindings top and back with top purflings. These are harder wearing and more in keeping with the quality of the rest of the components in the kit.
For those of you who prefer to shape their own bone nut and saddle, both these items are available on this site. The kit does not include glue, we recommend Titebond wood glue which is also available here.